Your animal companion deserves the best care you can find, and that’s exactly what the team at Boerne Veterinary Clinic aims to deliver. Since 1977, our staff has provided exceptional veterinary care by treating each pet like our own.
Our doctors utilize the latest technology for all of our procedures. Call us now to schedule an appointment.
Meet Our Doctors
Steve Rapp, DVM- Dr. Steve Rapp was born in the small North Texas town of Chillicothe. He grew up on a farm/ranch in the community of Farmers Valley. As a young boy working with his father on the farm, Steve became interested in agriculture and livestock. He pursued those interests after high school studying animal sciences at Texas A&M in College Station. There, he received his Master's Degree in Animal Sciences - Meat Sciences and Chemistry, where he did the original studies in vacuum packing. After that, he applied to the College of Veterinary Medicine at Texas A&M and graduated in 1976.
Steve is happily married to Laura Mijangos-Rapp, with whom he has a blended family of five children and four lovely grandchildren. He enjoys many hobbies such as muscle cars, building metal frames for Laura's art, doing yard work, and managing the family farms he grew up in. Dr. Rapp loves associating with his clients while serving them as a local veterinarian in Boerne, TX. He has special interest in diagnostic medicine and surgery. He thanks God every day for his health and the many blessings in his life.
Angeline Arreola, DVM- Dr. Angeline Arreola is an associate veterinarian at Boerne Veterinary Clinic. She hails from Kingsville, TX, where she received her Bachelor's Degree in Animal Science from Texas A&M University - Kingsville. While studying in Kingsville, she was involved with wildlife genetic research on feral pigs and gray foxes with the Caesar Kleberg Wildlife Research Institute and USDA-APHIS Wildlife Services. She graduated from Texas A&M University College of Veterinary Medicine, where she earned her Doctorate in Veterinary Medicine and developed her passion for small animal medicine. Her interests included internal medicine and general surgery.
In her free time, Angeline enjoys spending time outdoors with her family and is an avid movie-watcher. She married her best friend, Marcelo "Chelo" Arreola here in Boerne in 2011. They're the proud parents of two beautiful daughters, Genevieve and Sofia. They share their home with a sassy but lovable brown mackerel tabby cat named Mimosa. Dr. Arreola loves developing relationships with clients and their pets, and provides compassionate care to animals in the Boerne community.
Darr Wilson, DVM
- Dr. Wilson grew up in Galena Park, TX. He graduated from A&M College in 1963 with a BVS and in 1964 with a DVM Degree. Drafted into the army soon after graduation, he served two years of active duty. Following his service, Dr. Wilson went to work in Webster, TX in 1967 as an associate and bought the practice in 1969. He practiced small animal medicine and surgery there until 2006, when he and his wife Margaret moved to Boerne and built their home. In 2007, Dr. Wilson began relief work at various practices in the Boerne area. He is a member of St. Helena Episcopal Church and currently resides in the Oak Hill section of Boerne with his wife of 54 years, two rescue dogs, and a 19-year-old cat. Dr. Wilson has a passion for furniture making, especially tables made of native woods.
Meet Our Receptionist
- Cindy has been working at Boerne Veterinary Clinic since the fall of 2007, and is no stranger to the medical field. She worked at the University Hospital for fourteen years as an X-ray technician before taking a position at Benefit Planners, a medical insurance company. These experiences helped her transition into the veterinary field. She has deep compassion for our clients and their four-legged extended families.
Meet Our Veterinary Technicians
Avery Fanning- Avery attended the University of the Incarnate Word. Prior to joining Boerne Veterinary Clinic in 2014, her veterinary experience involved horse ranch and shelter work; primarily focusing on the investigation, rescue, and rehabilitation of animals reported in cruelty cases in San Antonio. Avery is also a professional wedding photographer and aspiring beekeeper who loves reading, hiking, and her sidekick Charlie.
- Sarah attended New York University as well as the University of Texas. Her love for animals has led her to work as a veterinary technician for close to six years, and she's been a proud employee of Boerne Veterinary Clinic since the summer of 2015. She enjoys spending time with her rescued boxer-pitbull mix, Norman, whom she trained as a therapy dog to work with hospice patients. Sarah has been heavily involved with dance and musical theater throughout her life. She is also very interested in the studying large, exotic animals and plans to eventually further her education by attending veterinary school.
- Kate came to the clinic with over fourteen years of experience in the veterinary world. Being born with a passion for helping animals and growing up on a ranch helped advance her knowledge of various species such as Equine, Bovine, Porcine, Avian, some Aquatic, exotic game and zoo animals. In her free time, Kate enjoys spending time with her daughter, riding and training horses, pursuing her aspiring musical career, and anything involving animals and the great outdoors.
- Charlotte was a groomer for four years before deciding to join the veterinary technician world. She has worked with dogs her whole life and has a passion for animals. In her free time, Charlotte spends time with her family and trains her dogs for different sports.
When your beloved pet needs medical treatment, pick up the phone and call Boerne Veterinary Clinic to schedule an appointment with a veterinary team that truly cares.
Our family-owned and operated clinic will do everything in its power to get your pet back to full health.